A big success in Iran again, at Sarah and Amin’s ! 🙂 And one of Loris’ favourite dishes.
Ingredients (for 4 people) :
- 6 onions (it is possible to mix red and yellow onions)
- 3 garlic cloves
- balsamic vinegar*
- olive oil
- salt, pepper, nutmeg (or coriander seeds)
- grated cheese*
The receipe :
3) Add a teaspoon of honey. Wait a minute until it’s caramelized. (Now you can flamb it with alcohol if you like it ;))
4) Deglaze with the balsamic vinegar. (If you don’t know how to do it, you can watch a video here.) You can also add a bit of water (and put only water if you don’t have balsamic vinegar).
5) Now pour a large quantity of water. At least the onions must be drawn. Add the nutmeg. Leave it stew gently for 15-20 minutes.
6) Put grated cheese on top.
The yummy bonus : if your dish can be placed in the oven, put it under the grill for a few minutes to make the cheese brown. 😉
You can serve it with a salad and a glass of hydromel 😉
When and where did we cook it for the first time ? In Tehran, Iran, at Sarah and Amin’s, in October 2017.
Thanks to Thomas who allowed us to use his kitchen to cook the one illustrated here. 🙂